Today is an odd day, hot, cold, wet and sunny, it’s been weird.
So this I knew it was going to be a Dungaree dress kind of day!
The Cleo dungaree dress always looked impressive, a professional finish with the clasps and topstitching. I was always a little nervous even though it said for beginners but one day I thought I can do this! And I’m so glad I did, of course being a Tilly and the buttons pattern the instructions were fabulous and if I got stuck I could always seek help online.
This one I am wearing is actually my second Cleo and I made a little adjustment and added in seam pockets. The pattern itself has optional additional pockets middle front and/or bottom back pockets but I thought in my last pair that it would be great with in seam pockets. Relatively easy if you have done in seam pockets before. I made sure they were quite high so that they didn’t sit on my hips too much and they are great.
The fabric I have used is a lovely organic needle cord by lillestoff and it has been lovey to sew with, quite lightweight and possibly a bit too light but I love it and looks great.
I also used a contrast facing which I really love as this is on view sometimes and so adds a really nice detail.
In summary I really enjoyed making the Cleo, giving me a little challenge but not in accessible! If your thinking about it do it!