Make your own Coco, the perfect Breton top or knit dress with multiple variations. Simple to sew, Coco is easy fitting, with no zips, buttons or other fiddly bits. The perfect introduction to sewing knit fabrics on a regular sewing machine. A year-round staple that's so easy to wear, Coco makes a great spring marinière top, summer tunic, autumn funnel neck or cosy winter dress. Designed for low-stretch knit fabrics, the classic style features a boat neckline, choice of top or dress lengths, three quarter length or long sleeves, with side splits at the hips on the top version. Make it your own with optional sixties funnel roll neck, rolled cuffs and patch pockets.
In this workshop we will guide you through this pattern step by step, guiding you through working with Jersey fabric and how it differs to other fabrics.
All workshops include refreshments, but if a workshop runs over a lunchtime you can purchase food from the café.
Skills you will learn
Sewing with jersey
How jersey fabric works and what you do differently
Pattern laying and cutting
Measuring and sizing to your size
What you will need
· Sewing machine threaded and working ( if you require to use one of our machines you will need to advise us during booking as we have a limited amount of machines available)
· A sewing kit if you have one
- Fabric – 2m x 150cm wide (2 ¼ yards x 60in) OR 2.7m x 115cm wide (3 yards x 45in) for dress or funnel neck top; 0.5m (1/2 yard) less for top
- Matching thread
- Ribbon (30cm x 6-8mm wide) or stay tape
- Stretch or ballpoint needle for your sewing machine
Please note we try to calculate how long a workshop will be but these times are only a guide and your workshop may run over.