Zips For Beginners - a simple cushion workshop
Do you find putting in a zip a daunting task?
Well not anymore, after this workshop putting in a zip will feel like a breeze. Spend a couple hours with one of our fabulous teachers making a basic cushion cover.
Skills you will learn:
- Making a basic square pattern for the cover from paper
- Inserting a zip opening
- Sewing a basic seam
- Seam allowance using a seam guide on your machine
- Neatening seam stitches
What you will need:
- Sewing machine threaded and working (if you require to use one of our machine you will to advise us during booking as we have a limited amount of machines available)
- A sewing kit if you have one
- A square cushion pad 41 cm
- Half a metre of fabric to cover your cushion pad (available to buy from Make)
- A zip 38 cm
- Zipper foot for your machine (please ask us for advise if you need it for this)
Next stage Beginner – you must have used a sewing machine before or have done one of our beginners sewing workshops
Please note we try to calculate how long a workshop will be but these times are only a guide and your workshop may run over.